Vegan MoFo: Brekkie Sandwich!
Best. Easy. Breakfast. EVER!
- Toasted whole wheat english muffin (or whatever bready item you like)
- Favorite Vegan Sausage (or Fakin’ Bacon is great too)
- Mashed Avocado
- Sliced Tomato
- Slice O’ Tofu
- Native Cheese
Here’s the dirt on this household favorite :
Fry up the sausage and tofu in a little olive oil with some Bragg’s liquid aminos sprankled in there for salty goodness. Also liberal sprinkes of Costco Organic No-Salt Seasoning add a nice flavor.
The magic ingredient however, is the Native Cheese. This is a modified recipe from Tanya’s delicious Native Chis from Native Foods. I can’t mention that place enough. Native Foods. Native Foods. Ok, anyway here’s how to make my version:
- 2 cups almonds or cashews, or any combination
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt, or himalayan pink sea salt if you’re fancy
- 1/4 large onion
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic (the kind in oil)
- 1 Tbsp. Raw Tahini
Place it all in your $500 Vitamix and blend until creamy smooth. Yes, I said $500 Vitamix, because you really need to own one if you don’t. It’ll never break, and you can do amazing wondrous things with it. Go ahead and try with a wimpy normal blender. You won’t be happy. I’m sure many of you have variations on this, post yours in the forum!